2015/2016 Evaluation Schedule has been posted!
The 2015/2016 Evaluation Schedule has been posted. Please head over to our new website at WWW.JIYSC.ORG for more infromation and to register for Evaluations.
A note from Patrick Olalere, Director of Coaching
At the beginning of every season, there comes the potential for change and great anxiety from players, parents, and coaches alike. We understand the social aspect of being a part of a team and the desire to maintain friendships from the past seasons. While coping with this competitive and social stress can be challenging, the focus on a player's long-term development must be FAR-GREATER than the immediate impacts of a tryout result.
At JIYSC we are creating an end-to-end developmental model that allows for players to learn and grow to the best of their abilities. In order to maximize player development, players need to be placed in an environment that best fits their current developmental needs. Players must be placed in environments where they feel appropriately challenged, but are also given ample opportunities to play in games.
Regardless of playing level and team placement, JIYSC is committed to providing the following to all our players:
- Fun, challenging and developmentally appropriate training environment based on player needs and the long-term goals
- High quality coaching staff, who are dedicated to player development and challenging players to improve on a daily basis. Our staff includes former professional/collegiate players and current high school coaches in the low country
- Progressive player development curriculum, which includes standard/expectations for players and coaches to focus on
- Standardized player evaluation report which occurs two times per year
- Opportunities to train with older and/or higher level teams when appropriate
- Support, exposure, and connections to collegiate soccer opportunities for those seeking them
- JIYSC culture and spirit! It's about more than just a team
Thank you for making JIYSC your family's soccer club of choice. As we begin the new season, be prepared to work hard, compete, and be challenged to reach your fullest potential. We look forward to seeing you on the pitch. GO JIYSC!
Director of Coaching.